2kg Beef Bolar *(see notes)
- Preheat oven to 160oC
- Add all ingredients into a container and shake.
- Sprinkle the Bolar with garlic powder, all spice and paprika.
- Pour the sauce over the Bolar, cover with foil and place in the oven for 3 – 4 hours.
- Every once in a while, baste the meat. No need to turn it over.
- Uncover the meat the last 1/2 hour.
- Cut the meat against the grain and pour the sauce on top.
*Notes : Beef Bolar comes from the shoulder and is the ideal cut for a beef roast, there are a lot of connective tissue that softens and becomes tender when simmered gently for a long period of time. Ask your butcher for the bolar roast, silverside, tri-tip roast or beef pot roast.